Sunday, October 25, 2009

Distressing


Good day to you all. This fortnight at Magnolia Down Under Challenges we have a great theme/challenge for you and that is to 'Distress'. The more the better I reckon. What do you think...??? LOL. On this card I distressed all the edges of my DP from Cosmo Cricket with my scissors and rubbed a little ink over the sides as well to give a little bit of a vintage look . I just love this stamp - baking Tilda and she was purchased at Magnolia Down Under Store but alas she is sold out like a lot of the stamps they are just flying out the door. LOL. This Earth Love DP is just so gorgeous and so not what I normally use but worked well. Can't go past making the flowers with my Slice machine and then sticking some buttons on there.

Unfortunately yesterday wasn't a good day for hubby. He woke up with a really bad headache that turned into a migraine - so alas I had to take the kids to the party all by my lonesome. Thankfully the boys are at an age where I don't really have to worry too much about them. They went straight outside and played yesterday. I was confined inside as my little girl decided that she didn't want to leave my side and didn't really go off on her own until just before we left. Typical....!!!! LOL. The birthday girl was all smiles all day and only cried when the party hat was put on her head. Poor thing wasn't happy. Sorry no photos.

Enjoy your day

Products: magnolia stamp; SU Best Yet stamp; Su very Vanilla & mellow Moss card; Cosmo Cricket Earth Love DP; Versafine Vintage Sepia ink; buttons.

14 comments:

Kellie said...

This is gorgeous as always Trace. One of my favourite Tilda's, can be used for anything and everything. I love the colours that you have gone with and the papers match in perfect, LOVE it! Thank you so much for a fabulous inspiration to all joining in with us over at Magnolia Down Under Challenges this fortnight.
Hugs, Kel

Debra James said...

What a lovely card. I love the softness and the pastel colours u used to make such a pretty card. I think i need to take inspiration from u and start using the soft copic colours u use.Hugs Debra

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Very pretty card...love the baking Tilda and the colors you used!!TFS

Terry

Cheryl said...

So adorable and very pretty!!! Beautiful work!!
xx

Sue said...

Aww, she is so cute in her little pastel outfit. Beautiful coloring Tracey and papers are so pretty. Love the button centers on your flowers too.

Jodie from Oz said...

Adorable card Tracey. Love the pastel colours and the sweetest Kitchen Tilda, she is so adorable along with those button flowers. Wonderful distressing & colouring. An inspiration for all who join MDUC. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Fab colours on this card Tracey and love your layout.

Hope hubby is feeling better, migraines are the pits.

:) Marcia

Kit said...

This is a beautiful card Tracey

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Gorgeous Trace, love the soft pastel colours. Hope your hubby is feeling better.
Kristy xo

dolcreations said...

This card is so pretty! Very soft and elegant I think! Great job as always Tracey!
Christine

Norma said...

Tracey, gorgeous card. Love the soft colours you used. Those DP's are lovely. Love the layout. And yes this Tilda is so adorable--can't wait 'til I get mine. Love the card.
Hope your hubby feels better soon.

Hugs.
Norma

Debbie Pamment said...

Rotten headaches!!! They can be soo debilitating - and even after they're gone you feel washed out - hope hubby is feeling better now!

Your card is super gorgeous though - I love the soft muted tones!
xXx

Unknown said...

Tracey this card is so sweet! What a cute little Tilda! I love your card. Love your papers and colours too.
Alicia xx

stephanne said...

This is beautiful!! It's got me wondering why I didn't buy this stamp, lol. Love how you've used the papers and ribbon and the flower button combo is too cute, naturally, your colouring is fabulous, great work teamie!!
Stephanne