Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Toblerone Cheesecake Bars

Okay if you haven't noticed - I have a serious cheesecake addiction. I love everything cheesecake. 

I had a sister of a friend suggest I try Pinterest as I wasn't on there. Oh gosh. Bad mistake. I should have stayed away. I can't stop looking at yummy yummy food. I just can't help it. It ain't good for my waistline and my 'diet' I am on. I can't help myself when this is involved. The temptation is just too great and I had to have a taste - and then a second taste - and just for good measure I had to make sure it really did taste good. LOL. Ahhhhhh...!!!! Oh for some self control. 

I have been meaning to try Toblerone Cheesecake for years - I mean it. My sister made it about 7-8yrs ago - yes that long ago. You see she used to live just around the corner from me. We saw each other every day even after my first born arrived - probably more so after he was born. Now she lives 6 hours away by car - boo hoo. I miss her so much. Anyway back on track - when I tasted it - oh wow so yummy and thought I needed to try it at the time. 

Fast forward 7yrs and I decided to give these 'bars' a go. Wow so yummy but must admit that it is not what I remember. Different recipe granted, but even still it tastes 'different'. Must be the sour cream in it. Or maybe just coz I have been making so much NY Baked cheesecake that this tastes different to that. No matter. 
I did over mix this so when I took it out of the oven it cracked like a b$#@h. Bugger. Good thing I could drizzle melted Toblerone on top and sprinkle chopped bits on top too but it does make it hard to cut the set chocolate though. I will next time maybe try one more egg in the mix and a couple tablespoons of flour just to make it to my liking. 

If you want to give this a go - I got this recipe from Once Upon a Cutting Board

Now I have to figure out how to at Pinterest to my blog posts. I can't seem to figure out how to do it on the new Blogger. 

No comments: