Saturday, July 10, 2010

Breaking all the rules

"At this moment the King, who had been for some time busily writing in his note-book, cackled out `Silence!' and read out from his book, `Rule Forty-two. ALL PERSONS MORE THAN A MILE HIGH TO LEAVE THE COURT.'

Everybody looked at Alice.

`I'M not a mile high,' said Alice.

`You are,' said the King.

`Nearly two miles high,' added the Queen.

`Well, I shan't go, at any rate,' said Alice: `besides, that's not a regular rule: you invented it just now.'

`It's the oldest rule in the book,' said the King.

`Then it ought to be Number One,' said Alice. "


Good afternoon everyone. How are we all today...??? Good I hope.

What is all that about I hear you ask. Well it is Saturday and that means it is Oh, Alice! time. The fabulous thing is that Spesch Stamps are sponsoring this challenge so would love for you to play along.

The challenge deets:

We start with this sketch by Sammi,
The catch? You must RE-CREATE this sketch somehow. Switch out a panel or two, flip on its side, upside down, etc. There are no rules except to break them, meaning you can't follow the sketch exactly! Makes no sense right? GOOD. :)

I decided to flip it upside down. I used Alice, Cheshire cat, The White Rabbit and The Hatter for this card. I actually coloured in the images before I chose some DP and then found I didn't have any matching DP so I made my own. I actually won some Hero Arts Stamps when I won a challenge at Stamp with Fun so they were perfect. I heat embossed the stamped images with clear embossing powder.
The prize that Spesch Stamps is offering is a $10 Gift voucher in store.
Here is a close up of the bottom of the card.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute and sweet card, love the colors!

Debbie Pamment said...

Tracey - this is just fabulous!!!! LOVE all the other characters being used along the bottom! Have fun with the sponsoring too!
xXx

Sammi said...

I just love your take on this and how you put the other characters in it! D LOVE your colouring too!!
(hugs)
Sammi
xxx

Ps.. and I adore those stamped and embossed mushies!! xxx

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow! I love what you did with this sketch! The images on the bottom are priceless! Your coloring is amazing! and those embossed 'shrooms are perfect! Love it all :)
Thanks for sponsoring us at Oh, Alice! this week! I had so much fun using The Rabbit!
hugs, margie

Peggy said...

So glad you played with us today and thanks so much for the stamps! Just love your take on the sketch and how you used the other images in the threesome! Fabulous!

Annette Bowes said...

STUNNING Tracey, love the coloured embossed mushrooms, fantastic idea. Clever how you have used four images on one card, enjoy the rest of your weekend, take careX:)

Basement Stamper said...

great card! Love the paper you created and the 3 characters at the bottom are perfect. Great job on the challenge and thanks for sponsoring!