Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Peanut Butter cookies

Okay I made these cookies a week back. I made them with Natvia and used the same amount that the sugar called for. Big mistake. You should always half the sugar amount if substituting with artificial sugar. So it was a nasty cookie. They were super sweet and left a horrible taste in my mouth for the rest of the day. Next time I substitute the sugar with the Natvia I will do it right.  So i made the proper recipe. I did half the recipe as I am the only one in the house that seems to like Peanut Butter but I am not complaining.

I had a friend over this arvo and between us both (mostly me) we almost polished them off.




Peanut Butter Cookies (this is the half recipe) from allrecipes.com.au
Ingredients:
65g Unsalted butter, room temp
1/4 cup castor sugar (half that if you use Natvia/Splenda)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 egg (I weighed the full egg and then halved it)
3/4 cups self raising flower
whole peanuts

Method:
Beat the butter, peanut butter and sugars together.
Add the egg and mix. Gradually add the flour until it forms a soft dough
Roll in to teaspoon full balls and place on lined tray. Place a peanut in the middle.
Bake at 160-180 degrees for 10-12mins until brown.
This made nearly 30 cookies at the half recipe. So yummy and yes I nearly ate all of them. There are a couple left for hubby to try LOL. I am naughty.

No comments: