Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mini Choc & Vanilla Cheesecake Cupcakes

Yes yes more mini cheesecake cupcakes....!!! LOL

I love them. They taste good and I want to get it right dang nam it...!!!! So another try of my 'own' recipe. I took elements from the NY Style cheesecake recipe and altered it. Firstly you don't need that amount unless you intend on having lots of people to your house in which case you make a big one not these mini ones. Anyway on to another try of mini's. I decided I would try a couple of chocolate ones. I just added a small amount of ganache (made with cream cheese instead of cream).

Ready to go in the oven. This was so thick and creamy.
Just out of the oven
Ready to eat. So yummy but need more chocolate.
This time I used full fat cream cheese not the reduced fat one. It makes a huge difference. They don't 'collapse' as much as with the reduced fat cheese and they are definately more filling. For someone like me who is supposed to be trying to lose weight, I would make the reduced fat ones just for myself next time with half the recipe I made for this one.

Mini Cheesecake Cupcakes by Tracey (me)
Ingredients:
Base:
100g digestive biscuits
75g butter
1/4 cup castor sugar
Body:
500g full fat cream cheese (two blocks here in Australia)
1/2 cup castor sugar
3 eggs
100ml double cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon lemon juice (normally it would be 1 tablespoon of rind but I can't justify $3.50 for one lemon)
1 1/2 tablespoons plain flour

Method:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
Blitz biscuits in food processer until well 'crushed'.
Melt butter and add to the biscuits and castor sugar. Mix well and place in the cupcake patties. I used slightly more than the 75g as I wanted it to be 'firmer'.

Mix cream cheese, sugar and flour in a bowl for about 30 secs on medium speed or until mix thoroughly. Add one egg at a time - make sure it is mixed well. Scrape down the sides of bowl and add the remaining eggs one at a time until all mixed. Add double cream, vanilla and lemon juice (or rind) until well mixed.

Spoon in to patties and bake for 20mins. May still be slightly wobbly in the middle so make sure you check. If it needs more - do 5mins at a time.

Chill until it needs to be eaten.
Choc version:
Melt 75g chocolate (preferrably dark but I didn't have any)
Add 25g melted butter and about 25 - 50g cream cheese (or cream if you prefer).
Mix well together and add it to the vanilla mix - add a teaspoon of cocoa. Of course this is just a suggestion as if you do a big cheesecake you would have to almost double the amount. Alternatively, you could just add melted chocolate and cocoa.
_______________________________
I made mine in the morning so I can chill through the day. You could keep in the fridge for 2-3 days and these are perfect for freezing. Enjoy your cupcakes and make sure if you try this that you let me know what you think. Probably needs to be a little sweeter and definately need more chocolate for the choc ones.

No comments: