Friday, August 24, 2012

MandM Cookies

Whilst at the supermarket the other day my little girl saw a packet of M&M Cookie mix and wanted to buy it so we could make some at home. Being the person I am, I decided that nearly $6 for a cookie mix was too much so I decided to buy a pack of M&M's minis and made these from scratch. I have a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that the kids love so thought I would just substitute the chips for the M&M's.

Whilst adding the ingredients I realized one thing - I haven't been making the cookies according to the recipe. Don't get me wrong they actually tasted good and we so melt in your mouth - but alas I realised why. I had been putting in a whole can of Sweetened Condensed Milk instead of half. So I fixed that and just added 1/3 cup of sugar instead of the required 2/3 cup. So next time I will make the recipe properly and see how they taste. Anyway - they were still good so I am saved LOL.


These were so yummy. The boys loved them but alas my little miss doesn't. She is not a chocolate fan. She is more in to lollies.

M&M Cookies
Ingredients:
250g butter, room temp if possible
2/3 cup castor sugar
200g (1/2 can) sweetened condensed milk
2 1/2 cups SR flour, sifted
1 packet of mini M&M's

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and condensed milk until light and fluffy. Add the sifted flour and M&M's and mix until well combined.

Use a tablespoon (I make them small so use a heaped teaspoon) and roll mixture into balls and place on baking paper, leaving room for them to spread and flatten slightly. Bake for 10-12mins or until lightly golden and remove from oven. Leave on tray for 5mins to cool (they will fall apart if you don't).

1 comment:

Kays Kids said...

Just right with a coffee.
hugs