Monday, November 19, 2012

Zucchini Muffins

One of my favourite meals and one of my son Lachlan's is Zucchini slice. We always have a problem though. We end up with a little bit left over that ends up getting thrown away and frankly I hate waste - especially with something I like so much. So..............I decided to make the same recipe but make them in to Muffins instead of baking in a slice tray. 

These taste really yummy - just like slice but individual serves. Best bit - you can freeze them and eat another time. My favourite thing to do.


Zucchini Muffins 
Ingredients:
1 large zucchini, grated
1 onion, chopped
6 rashers bacon, diced
5 eggs
1 cup grated tasty cheese
salt and pepper for taste
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup self raising flour

Directions:
Combine all ingredients except eggs and flour. Lightly beat the eggs, add to the mixture with the flour. Bake at 180 degrees C for 25-30mins or until brown on top. If making it in to a slice cook for 30 - 40 mins until brown on top. 

I baked these in a greased muffin tray but they stuck so my advise is to use muffin papers to line. Don't know they they will stick to that either. Up to you but be warned LOL. 

1 comment:

Ardilla said...

Thanks for the recipe! I love zucchini too...
One of the secrets for muffins is to grease the tin with butter and put it on the fridge as you are preparing the dough. When the dough is ready you pour it out on the tin and bake. It´s really easy to take them from the tin with no paper muffin. I learned recently and am very happy :)