Friday, November 2, 2012

Choc Chip Muffins

Last Christmas Ashley received a cookbook with Chef's hat and apron from my sister Bev and her hubby. The recipe book is called Great Recipes Kids can Cook. We have not made anything with the recipes as of yet and my little miss got it out this morning and pointed out the Apple Muffin recipe that she wanted to make. 

Okay - well yep we can do that. Unfortunately - no apples in the house (at least after her brothers had one each in their lunch box for school). I don't like cooked fruit - especially apples. I remember when growing up my mum would cook apple pies all the time and I always missed out coz I didn't like it. Don't know why. I just can't stomach cooked fruit.

Anyway so this morning we made the Muffins with mini choc chips. They are a new product here in Australia - yes we are deprived but we finally have them and I think they have to be the perfect size for muffins and especially cookies so the next batch of choc chip cookies will be made with them too. 

 So on to the making. Ashley wanted to be very involved so here she is mixing. 

 And now putting in to the muffin tray.

Finished muffins. They taste so yummy. They taste like scones.
I made sure I had mine while hot and put butter on it. Yummy. Yummy
Yummy. LOL. 

Choc Chip Muffins (kid friendly)
Ingredients
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
4 tablespoons sugar
125g butter, melted
2 cups of plain flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 bag of Nestle Mini Choc Baking chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 12 hole muffin tray.

Beat (mix) eggs, milk, and sugar together in a bowl.
Add the butter and mix well.
Sift flour and baking powder then add to the bowl.
Gently fold the flour in to the wet ingredients.
Stir through the chocolate chips - being sure not to over mix.
Place dessertspoons - approx 2 - of mixture in to muffin tray and bake for 12-15 mins. Cool. 

If you eat these warm - try a little butter on them - it melts and tastes so yummy. 

No comments: