Friday, September 28, 2012

Chocolate Cake Donut Balls

Oh how I love donuts. The kids love donuts. The kids like chocolate, so when my little Miss asked me what I would be making yesterday I said "Nothing". But then I thought about it and decided I would try a recipe I saw at How Sweet It is. They looked too yummy to not try them. 

These were very simple to make but I didn't have enough cocoa powder - in fact I only had 1/2 cup instead of the full cup so I substituted it with 1/2 cup flour. I think that was a mistake and even though these are so delicious they are actually quite dry. Also, instead of doing the balls just under a golf ball size I did them half that size so we had approx 72 balls not the 36 that is said. You decide of course if you try the recipe. 

You can find the recipe here

Tip: Slowly heat the oil. Do not heat quickly and then turn the heat down. I made this mistake and burned the first two batches I fried. 

No comments: