Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Friend....hooray

Oh My Lord - I am so so so sorry for my lack of posts. I have decided that I needed to pull back on the card making as 1). I have a million cards sitting here gathering dust and 2). I wanted to make a card when I wanted to make a card not when the next challenge or DT project was needed so hence why I have given up running Friday Sketch Challenge.

So I got this image from MayzyArt found here. I bought it a while ago and still love it but hit a wall and didn't know what to do with it. Thankfully after the Copic Colouring Day through Mad for Markers I got some inspiration back and decided to do the 'Distressed/Vintage' colouring that we learnt on the day. See we all need to keep learning new things so it doesn't become boring. So here she is - Shawna with Latte all vintage.


Copics used:
Skin: E000, 00, 11, 02
Skirt: G20, G24, W1
Boots: E57, 59, blender
Leg warmers: Y23, 26, W1
Sweater: E50, 53, W1,
Hair: E31, 35, W1 (are you seeing a pattern here)
Hat: Y23, 26, YR14, blender
Scarf: R85, 81, W1


This card was not made for any challenges. Just made it for the fun of it. Just a note - when you are trying to do the Vintage look use very limited colours. You don't want it to look like your normal colouring.

1 comment:

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Oh she looks stunning. Gorgeous. I hear you about making cards just because you want to, not because you have too. I find I spend more time on them too, and they come out looking way better than DT ones!

If you are looking to do something with your cards and can part with them, try your local church - many have stalls after services and use the money made to fund missionaries and overseas ventures.

x M