Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cookie Dough Balls

I love cake balls and cake pops - frankly there is nothing more delicious but I decided I wanted to take the easy way out and make cookie dough balls or you can also do cake dough balls (didn't want to try that just yet). So I made up a Basic Cookie recipe dough and made these balls -with the help of my little missy. Can you see which ones she did.

They were chilled in the fridge for about an hour (as the candy melts didn't work for me AGAIN).
As I didn't want to use all the dough for the balls I used my new cookie cutter that I got in a Candy shape to make some biscuits - I must say they won't last long when my boys come home.
My little miss waiting for the Candy Melts to be melted. Unfortunately they were just a lumpy mess - I have resigned myself to sticking with compound chocolate or what we call Nestle Melts (here in Australia). Apparently Cadbury now have their version of the Melts. Yet to find in a supermarket.
Here is the finished products. I must say they are divine. Can you think of all the other possibilities - mint, choc chip, caramel, chocolate - wow so many variations. I love them. Ashley (miss) likes the dough by itself LOL typical. She would lick a bowl clean when I make a cake. She loves the mix.
Basic Cookie Dough
1Cup flour
1 Cup of self raising flour
1/2 cup of sugar ( I used castor sugar)
125gms butter (I used unsalted)
1 egg
pinch of salt

Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
Add all other ingredients and mix together. If too dry add a touch of milk.
Flour a bench or board and knead your dough.
Make in to balls and refridgerate for 30mins.
Melt some chocolate and coat the balls. Leave to dry. I have pop mine in fridge so they are nice and firm.

For cookies just roll dough with rolling pin and cut out shapes. Cook in oven at 180 degrees for 15mins or golden brown.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I had the same trouble with candy melts when I made cake pops I resorted to using white chocolate which I coloured.