Friday, June 3, 2011

So sorry

Why am I sorry....??? Well because I am not happy with this card at all and did not do this gorgeous stamp by Sylvia at Wee Stamps justice what so ever. When I coloured this image for this sketch - from The Sweet Stop - I had a different picture of how it would turn out. I don't know why I don't like it. Maybe it is the size of the Silver Fairy or maybe it is the colours. I can't figure it out. But to suffice to say I am not happy and thus I haven't completely finished the card. So a big sorry to Sylvia for not doing a very good job with this.

A close up. I printed this out a couple times and layered up some of the bits like the hair wings, dress and shin covers. I truly am not happy with this at all. I suppose we are our own biggest critics.

All I can say is "TGIF"....!!!!! I have my Copic Intermediate Certification on Sunday. Looking forward to that.

bye. Enjoy your weekend.

8 comments:

alethea said...

We are our own worst critics I think at times!! YOu have coloured the fairy beautifully!! I think perhaps if you had of used plain cardstock for the strips of paper perhaps that would have lifted the picture as there is a lot of colour!!! But personally I love it... Hugs xx

Susan said...

Hi Trace,
I am also doing my Intermediate certification on Sunday! Plus the project class tomorrow. Hope I don't get called in to work on Monday! LOL!
As for your card... your colouring is gorgeous as usual! We are all so critical of our own work. I just noticed my colouring out of the lines on my recent blog post! Eeek! I think my 5 year old daughter could do better!

See you Sunday!
Susan xxox

Jennipher said...

we are our own worst critics! I think you did a lovely job. Thanks for playing along at the sweet stop.

mrsk06 said...

Oh trace it is gorg!! Your colouring is amazing! Its just totally lush i love the fairy uber cute! Ourselves are the biggest critic!

Oh you lucky thing for the certification on sunday i'm enveous as we don't have anything like that going on in the uk!

Hugz xx

Renkata said...

well i like it, so colourful and happy feeling give me your card Trace.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card! That image is percious! Love the coloring. Great take on the Sweet Stop sketch. Thank you for playing along with us. :o)

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Well I like it, maybe the olive has thrown you off....but it is superb!

Philippa Petty said...

She's beautiful Tracey. So sweet.