Saturday, September 3, 2011

Meet Patty

Meet the new addition to our teddy family. Boy it is starting to look a bit like a farm lol. Our 'mouse' edition to the family is named 'Patty'. My son Lachi named her. My other son Tyler thinks she looks like a koala lol. Anyway. It was not my intention for her to look like a mouse but she turned out really well.

Needle felted face and feet. Copic markers to shade on all the felting. Faux fur (that I got from Spotlight) and white suede for the inner ears. The eyes are clear glass that I air brushed BV25 on to the back to make them purple.
I did notice one thing when uploading these photos. That is that she has a bit of a lazy eye. Doh...!!! Will have to fix that up lol.
The last photo is Patty before the felted feet and her ears. I must say that I am not used to making bears. I can't even manage to do a proper ladder stitch yet but hoping that I can make it down to Bear Essence this afternoon to 'learn' from the lovely ladies there. We will see.

What do you all think...????
If you were to purchase a handmade bear what would pay for it...??? Would love to know your thoughts......!!!

2 comments:

Sammi said...

awwwww... so adorable!!! LOVE her!!!!

Trina said...

I wanted to make bears a couple of years ago... You may be my inspiration to actually start, Tracey! Love that you're getting to use your Copics outside of paper crafting...