Sunday, June 13, 2010

Swirly Swirls

Good morning everyone. It is Sunday already but it is a long weekend here in Melbourne Australia so we have an extra day. Woo hoo. I have a girlfriend coming over tonight to make some cards. We will probably spend most of the time stamping and colouring but I do need to get some of my DT stuff done. LOL.

This week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges our challenge is 'Swirly Swirls'. I couldn't resist to use Bubble Tilda. I have been dying to use her ever since I got her and she coloured beautifully. I put dots around her with my copic markers but I have seen people do the watercolour effect with their copics - if you know how to do it please let me know as I desperately want to do it LOL. I used my Slice machine to cut a swirl and also used my fancy tags die from Spellbinders for the sentiment - can you notice what is wrong with it. Hahaha. I had to laugh that they got their grammar wrong on a stamp. No matter. Lots of Glimmermist and some sewing and here is my card. Hope you enjoy your Sunday.


Products: Magnolia stamp and DP; SU card; Bazzill card; Nesties; Glimmermist; Cherry Blossoms from I am Roses; SU oval punch; Making Memories Slice and DC3.

15 comments:

Jodie from Oz said...

Tracey, beautiful, I love this sweet image, the colours, papers & matching flowers are wonderful and the swirly swirls are gorgeous. A wonderful take on the challenge, with so much inspiration for all playing along at MDUC this week. Have a great long weekend. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Jane said...

This is gorgeous Tracey!!! Love the colours, they're so pretty together and love how the flowers match perfectly!! Gorgeous card! hugs, Jane xxx

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

What gorgeous wings you gave her! Wow! She is so soft and beautiful!

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Wow Tracey this is so pretty, love the DP and your image is beautiful.The sewing is a lovely finishing touch.
hugs
Sue x

Unknown said...

OMGOSH Tracey, you card is just so beautiful!! I like how you did the backround around Tilda, and those magnolia papers..... OH MY so super cute!!
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Sammi said...

oooh. this so sensational.. love the colours and the swirls! Those dots look great! I think people either use a plastic palette + blender or they fill a water pen up with colourless blender and pick up the colours from a palette! I've been meaning to try the latter!
hehe.. perhaps you can have something written inside the card that follows on... ie. your special .. day? lol!
xxx

Kylie said...

Gorgeous Tracey! I love the colours and your swirls :)Such a pretty image too.
Hugs
Kylie

Kylie said...

Gorgeous Tracey! I love the colours and your swirls :)Such a pretty image too.
Hugs
Kylie

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Gorgeous Tracey .. I love the dots around her, they're very effective!!

:) Marcia

kaylou said...

Hi Trace
wow, this is gorgeously yummy, love the wings and your background, they look so pretty. When I grow up I want to be a fairy....lol.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo

Irena said...

Very beautiful card :)

stephanne said...

I have seen this grammatical error on another stamp and scratched my head, don't they proofread before it goes to press!?!?! Anywhoooo, Your card is spectacular, a lot of gorgeousness all in one project and I love every bit of it!! Beautiful work!!

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Tracey - this is gorgeous - what perfect DP to go with this sweet Tilda - I really must get her!!!
xXx

Emma said...

This is just adorable Tracey! Love that DP, it matches perfectly and I love thhe dots, they look awesome!

Bec said...

Oh tracey.. this is just divine.. i love it!! bec xx