Saturday, February 16, 2013

Salmon, Snow Pea, Tomato 'Spaghetti'

Becoming addicted to Pinterest has it's downfalls and it benefits. One of the benefits is that you come across many foods that are healthy that you wouldn't think twice to look at at the Fruit and Veg shop. Well I stumbled across Spaghetti Squash on my surfing and thought I would like to try it. I finally found it at my local F&V shop. It has been sitting there for a week but I finally baked it in the oven (for an hour) and made my dinner with it last night.

If you know me you know that my favourite food is pasta but with my new lifestyle change I have removed pasta from the menu so finding this has been a godsend.


My favourite pasta sauce is one I created myself trying to have a healthier creamier sauce that didn't make me stack on the weight and this sauce is the bomb - at least for me it is. 


I made up one serving for myself and then could only eat half of it. This is a meal to serve two. I will be having the left over for lunch today I think.

Salmon Pea Tomato Spaghetti
1 small can salmon in springwater (95g), drained
5 cherry tomatoes, quaretered
5 snow peas, cut in to three
1 small can light evaporated milk
1 cup cooked Spaghetti Squash
1 Tbls olive oil

Fry the snow peas, tomato and salmon in the olive oil until just warm. Put in the milk and cook until it starts to thicken. Put in the Squash and cook to your liking. 

Total calories per serve is approx 250. 

Mine was 'al dente' so could have cooked longer but it I liked it. Easy Peasy. 

No comments: